Honey and apples are a staple at many meals during this time on the Jewish calendar. In fact, we drizzle honey over many food items during the holidays signifying our wishes for a sweet new year. Everywhere one turns, there are honey cakes, honey-apple bars, honey and date cookies. Various fruits, common and exotic, adorn our tables. This is a festive time (Rosh Hoshana through Simchas Torah) as we celebrate the beginning of a new year and enjoy tasty delicacies that are both symbolic and delicious.
This little fella appears to be seeking shelter from the cold, winter snows. What do you think?
- SUNDAY POST : Shelter (jakesprinters.wordpress.com)
- Water Dragon Weekly Sunday Post: Shelter (jayjaysfavorites.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Post: Shelter (scrapydo.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Post: Shelter (thewanderlustgene.wordpress.com)
This was a serendipitous moment. We were stopped at a traffic signal waiting to turn left. I looked to my right and saw the sun low in the sky and thought I’d grab a shot or two. The first two shots were complete failures. The third shot caught a telephone pole as Richard was pulling through the light. I snapped a fourth shot, sure that it was nothing but a blur as we pulled into the intersection and then on toward our destination. The sun was no longer in sight. When I got home and downloaded the four images, this, the fourth, was the only image I kept. 🙂 I love it when that happens!
- Water Dragon Weekly Sunday Post: Recipe (jayjaysfavorites.wordpress.com)
- SUNDAY POST: Light (jakesprinters.wordpress.com)
A bit of color from last summer. Enjoy!
Last year on one of our forays into the district (Washington, DC), we stopped in a cafeteria to grab something to drink. These two ladies working behind the counter saw that I was toting a camera and asked if I would take a photo. Of course I obliged! Just as I snapped, the one puckered up! 🙂 I think this is a delightful photo. Their names escape me, but I did email them the photos I took that day. Never heard from either again but I hope they are enjoying themselves.
- Weekly Sunday Post: Expression (motherwifestudentworker.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Post:expression (jakesprinters.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Sunday Post: Expression (jayjaysfavorites.wordpress.com)
- Night Shooting In Washington, DC #2 (cameronwhitmanphotography.wordpress.com)
- A DESCRIPTION OF the process of an insight… (ministryofinsights.com)