The title of this post could suggest some really deep, ponderous thoughts and provocative responses. But, it is not so complicated as all of that. Since folks have begun to ask where I’ve been (I haven’t been up to my usual blog-hopping activities), I thought it might be nice to give you a quick run down of what is going on in my neck of the blog-o-sphere!
Where have I been?
1. My head has been buried in the books for the past eight weeks. I continue to plug away at this degree in mental health counseling, and the deeper I get into the program, the more demanding the coursework becomes. This quarter I’ve been immersed in abnormal psychology (fascinating subject but it makes me wonder about my sanity that I enjoy the subject so much!) and group psychotherapy (another interesting subject.) Keeping up with course requirements in these two classes has been a challenge, but I’ve learned a lot. The good news is that I am down to the last two weeks of the quarter! After that, I will have three weeks vacation before the next quarter begins. You will see me much more during that break as I will be stopping by your places to see what you have been up to, too. I’ve missed you all. Thank you to those who have continued to stop by even though I haven’t returned the favor. In a couple of weeks I plan to remedy that situation. 🙂
2. We are buying a house! Not just any house, but a sweet bungalow that is just the right size for the two of us, small enough to be easy to care for, large enough to have family and friends stay over from time to time. Once we have possession of our new home, I’ll post a photo or two. I like bungalows. 🙂
3. We have a new addition to the family! His name is Elijah, and he is the first child of my youngest daughter. Elijah was born on Friday, March 2. I will be heading over there tomorrow and will be staying for a bit. My daughter had a C-section because little Eli was breach. But Momma, Pappa and baby are fine, healthy and happy. 🙂
Where am I going?
1. I am leaving for Chicago tomorrow for a bit. I’ll be spending my time caring for this sweet family, and finishing up my school quarter. If I disappear altogether for the next two weeks you will know why! BUT, when I return, I am sure to have plenty to blog about. 🙂
2. Registering for my next quarter, ordering textbooks, doing some research, etc. I may have a break from my courses, but I’m still a student! Oy. . .
3. Packing . . . again . . . to move into our new house (hopefully sometime in April).
So much for where I’ve been and where I’m going. I am not ignoring you, and I fully plan to be back in a routine at some point in the future, hopefully sooner than later. Thanks again for stopping in to see how things are going. Have a great week.