Welcome back to Five Question Friday. Don’t be spooked that this is Friday the 13th! It happens from time to time and I’m still here to talk about it. 😀 Hope you had a good week. Here are this week’s questions. Take a stab at it for yourselves and share your answers with the rest of us! 🙂
1. What’s the last thing you bought for yourself?
I don’t remember. It was probably a book. That is my weakness. I pick up a book of poetry and then I can’t seem to put it back down; it must go home with me. Or I’ll see a book on photography that I simply must have. Novels? I tend to check those out at the library. Then there are textbooks, and then more textbooks. My courses are going well but there sure is a lot of reading! (It’s a good thing I love to read 😉 )
2. What is your favourite meal on a cold winter day?
A hot bowl of homemade vegetable soup or chili. Nothing beats it on a cold winter day. Nothing.
3. Have you started looking at swimsuits for this year, and do you buy a new one every year?
I haven’t bought a swimsuit in over a dozen years! I used to be quite a swimmer–was a life guard at Davis Swimming Pool at Fort Knox, KY, during my young years. Here I was a 19-year-old girl working as a life guard at a pool filled with GI’s in the early ’70’s. Viet Nam still captured the headlines every night. I actually went in the pool to pull someone out a few times during my tenure in that position. Ahhhh. . . that was a long time ago. But today I don’t swim. And I don’t know why I quit going to the pool. There is certainly opportunity. Hmmmm . . . maybe another NoCZ-2012 challenge to consider! 😉
4. If you could be any candy what would you be and why?
Peppermint candy because I love peppermint. 🙂
5. What are you most passionate about?
Oh wow! This is a hard question because I am passionate about a lot of things. I would have to say that I am passionate about life! When I think of my passions, all of them have to do with helping people, improving life for myself and others, loving my children, developing my spirit as well as the spirit of the world, and the list goes on. But the one thing that these passions have in common is they celebrate life and seek to improve the lives of myself and others. So, I am passionate about life and living authentic lives.
Well, I’m done for today. I hope that one of these questions will spark your interest and that you will join the discussion. Have a great weekend and a wonderful week. See you next Friday!
- Friday Specials – Superstitions (leartisteboots.wordpress.com)
- Life Guard Speeds to Drowning Swimmer on Motorized Surfboard (Jul, 1932) (modernmechanix.com)
- Lifeguard Chair Introduced for an Apartment Complex Swimming Pool (prweb.com)
- No reading class – Fun Friday! (clipboards.wordpress.com)