The aches and the chills attacked me today. The head throbs as I re-read the paragraph for the tenth time at least: “. . . neurotransmitters that have been implicated most often . . . noreprinephrine, seratonin, and to a lesser extent, dopamine. . . . found in large concentrations in the limbic system . . . etc. etc. etc. etc.” Ugh. Turn to the meds. . . . Ugh. Is all of this necessary? My body, mind and soul longs for peace and quiet, butterflies and flowers, a gently rippling brook under a large willow tree with its long tendrils dipping and dancing in the water. Or, in lieu of that, I want to crawl under the blankets and hide from the world. Can’t do the reading for now. Don’t want the meds, the vitamins, whatever, either. Mindful meditation and relaxation, yes. That means I’m headed to bed. Sigh. Yes, that’s the ticket!
- Willow Tree (mercurialscribes.wordpress.com)
- One of the first signs of Spring is the…. (aninepoundhammer.com)
- A small stone for the day (knot2share.wordpress.com)
- Stone # 9 (jobryantnz.wordpress.com)
- Shiny, happy company: Why happiness is the new metric for startup success (venturebeat.com)
- Number Eight on the Stone River (annestormont.wordpress.com)