Last evening, Richard and I drove up to Lake Erie (less than 10 miles distance) to take a stroll and watch the sun set. We have talked about it several times before, however when Richard suggested we go to the lake, I was delightfully surprised. We drove through some wooded areas which at this time of year are stunning with the various types of leaves decked out in their best colors ~ reds, oranges, yellows, mottled greens. As the sun descended lower in the western sky, we had only an inkling of the beauty awaiting at the lake.
We parked the car at a little village park in Euclid, OH, and walked down to the lake and out onto a quay. Our first glimpse was magical. I felt as if I had stepped into an impressionistic painting, the beautiful muted pastels imbuing the atmosphere with peace and tranquility.
At the end of the quay a few fishermen lingered in the waning light, casting their lines out over the tranquil lake time and again. I wondered if they truly expected another catch, or if they were simply enjoying the peacefulness of the evening. We spoke briefly to each other, but we all seemed to be comfortable with the silence.
As the darkness increased, I looked again to the west and sighted two fishermen headed down to the lake shore to do some night fishing.
Richard pulled into another park area about a mile down the road, and as I walked toward the shoreline, I knew we were in for a bigger treat than before! (While the previous photos had little editing, the remaining photos have not been edited or altered in the least. They are straight out of the camera!)
- An Old Hen Sunset (webnerhouse.com)
- Harnessing the Wind on Lake Erie (wdok.radio.com)
- Gratitude 85: Watching the Sun Set Over Lake Erie (perpetualgratitude.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (nolagirlatheart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Rocky Mountain Sunset (mkmercurio.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: sunset 2 (maggiephotgraphy.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (amateurgolfer.wordpress.com)