It is always nice to be recognized by a peer for a job well done, or to receive a thank you from someone you helped in some way. I think I speak for most of us when I say that we love to be affirmed. Affirmations boost our spirits, put a smile on our face, and often will be the thing that motivates us to continue on our course. Well, today I received an affirmation. Doris ~ you may know her through her blog, Truth With Doris~ passed the Versatile Blogger Award on to me. The value of this award lies in the fact that we have the opportunity to recognize some of the bloggers who motivate and inspire us. It is a way of saying thank you for your creativity, your skill, your artistry, your humor, or whatever it is that speaks to the bestower of the award. It is an honor to receive because we discover how we affect others in our blogging world. Doris, I am honored that you would think of me and it is with humbleness that I will pass this along to others.
First however, there is a task with this award: share seven things about yourself that might be of interest to others. Second, pass the award to five other bloggers that have impressed you in some way (and notify them that they have received the award.)
I will keep this short and sweet. (I see you smiling…)
1. I make note cards with my photography and will soon have a link to my etsy sight where you can see (and purchase if you like) my creations. Yes, this is a shameless plug, I know. But it is something about me you might be interested in. (I’m branching into wedding invites, too.)
2. I am in graduate school working toward a masters degree in mental health counseling. I love it!
3. Blogging and photography are passionate hobbies of mine. Very therapeutic, both of them.
4. If I have a choice between inside and out-of-doors, out-of-doors wins every time!
7. I am an avid reader.
Now for the five blogs I wish to recognize and honor:
plus a hundred more I’d like to honor! This is the hardest part of receiving an affirmation like this. Time constraints prevent me from listing everyone, but if I could I would. I’ll update my blogroll during this break from courses and in the future I’ll refer folks there instead of trying to narrow the field to five or six.
Thanks to all of you who continue to visit this spot, to comment, to affirm and to write your blogs. “Much appreciated!” 😉
- Versatile Blogger award (insidesuzyssoul.wordpress.com)
- I Hereby Nominate Thee Blog for Award Of… (auroramorealist.wordpress.com)
- There is life out there…and they have awards! (scatteringmoments.wordpress.com)
- “You’ve just won the Versatile Blogger Award, what are you going to do?” (thepatientdreamer.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award: Yippee! (mkmercurio.wordpress.com)
- Do You Say Affirmations to Stay Fit? (fitsugar.com)
- Affirmation (onelightmanywindows.wordpress.com)
- Enjoy the Unexpected! (goldenbookwyrm.wordpress.com)
- Gettin’ Back In The Swing Of Things (parksdunlap.wordpress.com)