1. Vow renewal ceremonies-yay or nay?
I think that ceremonies marking special occasions and anniversaries are nice. Mom and Dad had a renewal ceremony on their 50th anniversary (and the 60th is two and a half months away!) and our tenth is about two months away. I wouldn’t replicate the wedding ceremony itself, but it might be nice to create some sort of ceremony of reflection over the past ten years and renewing our committment for the coming years. I guess that means my answer is Yes! BTW, this is our wedding picture. My daughter-in-law shot some photos in black and white and I LOVE them!
2. What sound/s annoy you the most?
Shrieking temper tantrums by anyone over 10 years old! (and I am being generous~two and three-year olds have tantrums, and then you grow out of it hopefully) By now they “oughta” know better; they should have developed better coping mechanisms; they should have discovered more pleasant ways to get what they want! 😉
*****of course there are biological/emotional/psychological reasons for ignoring the above paragraph…I’m just referring to healthy, spoiled, bratty people who get on our nerves for acting like young children who are just beginning to learn how to negotiate life’s hurdles.
After older-than-acceptable temper tantrums comes never-ending pessimistic “gloom and despair” talk. Remember the t.v. show “HeeHaw“? Never an episode aired that didn’t have Grandpaw sitting in his rocker on the front porch singing “Gloom, despair and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery. If it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me.” I used to sing it to the kids when they were young and whining endlessly about how life was treating them so unfairly. Who knows, maybe they are singing it to their children, too! 🙂
3. If you had to pick, would you have only all boys, or only all girls for kids?
NOT FAIR QUESTION! I have a mix~a boy and two girls. To tell you the truth, the girls are the ones who gave me my gray hair (mostly). But I’d still have them in a heartbeat! I love them soooooo much. NO QUESTIONS ASKED! My son is my first born and he and I share a wonderful love. I absolutely cannot pick one gender over the other. I love them all. Like I said, NOT FAIR! . . .ummm. . . I mean, this question has little relevance for my situation, so i will make a mature choice and opt not to answer said question. 😉
4. Do you believe in alternative medicine?
Sure do! In fact, I’m all in favor of “complimentary medicine.” A team works together with the patient heading up the team, to provide the best health care possible for the patient. The team may include an accupuncturist, herbalist, yoga and/or tai chi professionals, religious or meditative leader, medical doctor and nurse, chiropractor, mental health counselor, etc. The team works together to offer options but the patient has the final say-so regarding the approach to self-care. I lived in one place where this was done and I wholeheartedly support that concept. Since leaving that community however, I have not seen the concept being replicated (insurance won’t cover it. . .that is why medical doctor is necessary, to sign off on whatever protocol is chosen.) I don’t have any statistical evidence as to the efficacy of such a program, but common sense says this is a far better, more holistic approach to treat a person’s health issues. So, let’s get with it!
5. Would you take a family members children and raise them if they needed it?
Yup! No hesitation, no questions asked, with open heart and outstretched arms. Yes. Yes. Yes.
This completes another five question Friday. I am looking forward to reading your responses! Have a great weekend and we’ll do this again next Friday “if the creek don’t rise and the sky don’t fall!” (a little southern colloquialism…just thought it would be a nice touch for this blog… 😀 )
- I want to have a temper tantrum. (householdwords.wordpress.com)
- Popo’s Tantrums (madonnamemoirs.wordpress.com)
- Temper Tantrums or ADHD — Information Evening at the Dore Programme Centre (prweb.com)
- Affordable Simple Wedding Dress – Vadodara, India (travelpod.com)
- Saga of the Wedding Ring (soaringwithgod.com)
- Coverage for alternative treatments (communityacupuncturist.wordpress.com)
- Naturopathy and evidentialism (zaknafein81.wordpress.com)
- Heel USA Applauds The New England Journal of Medicine for Featuring Acupuncture (prweb.com)
- RASMUSSEN: Time for public-union temper tantrums – Washington Times (gds44.wordpress.com)
- What does it mean if a tornado’s chasing you in your dream (wiki.answers.com)