This will be quick. We are still on vacation, but I stole a few minutes away to check mail, post a quick blog or two, and answer some questions. Here goes!
1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)
What a shame that they are eliminating cursive writing! I do no think it is overrated, rather I feel that eliminating this curriculum is laziness on our part. Some study somewhere (I don’t feel like looking it up) shows that those who write in cursive do better academically. Of course, as a former fifth-grade teacher, I think this helps our writing, reading, and everything else . . . 😉 but then, maybe I’m overrating its importance. hahaha
2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
No smart phone. No pocket calendar. Notepad…archaic I know, but see question 1.
3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
Photos, books, laptop.
4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
Oy…. I like both. I love the country and would probably choose to live there, but only if I could make regular trips into the city….love the vitality of a city.
5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?
Wow. We don’t own a tv and it’s been a very long time since I’ve watched. Never did watch reality shows. There’s one that takes people on adventures all around that world that sounds interesting, but I can’t remember the name: Amazing something-or-other. The one that rebuilds or remodels your home also sounds good.
That does it for this week. We are heading home Sunday or Monday and life will return to normal. I’ll get back to visiting your blogs then (I have over 500 notices of new postings by y’all to catch up on…I’m gonna be busy!) Thanks for continuing to drop by during my vacation. Have a great weekend!!!