Wow! An incredible blogger colleague, PanicMonster, nominated me for the VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD! Imagine that! What a nice surprise, and a humbling experience. Thank you PM.
I have been blessed to meet some incredible and talented people through this medium called “blogging.” As this blog has grown, and as I’ve added other blogs, my network keeps expanding. Having read many other excellent blogs, I am even more amazed that I was nominated for this award. Wow.
The Versatile Blogger Award is an award passed from blogger to blogger. As with any award, there are responsibilities that go with it. This award not only increases your blog’s visibility in the blogging world, but it is a way to expose a little about the blogger behind the blog (in this case, me). Finally, as the awardee, one get to share with her/his readers who their favorite bloggers and writers are.
Here is how it works:
1) Link back to the blogger that gave me the award .
2) Tell you 7 random things about myself.
3) Choose 15 other blogs to pass the award to.
4) Inform the other bloggers that I’m passing the award to them.
Ok here we go…
(PM, I hope you don’t mind that I used your post as a model.)
It was a static-line jump. And it was EXHILARATING! Why did I do this? To impress a man! I was just getting back into the dating scene, fresh out of a painful divorce, and I was fearless and adventuresome and having the time of my life. Don’t know what ever happened to the man, but I made a few jumps before I hung up my chute! (see post https://ceceliafutch.wordpress.com/2009/12/27/my-untethering-moment/) I also learned to dare myself to try new things, explore new places, experience a full life.
3. I spent three weeks in Nicaragua to see/find out what our politicians were not telling us! wonderful eye-opening experience….and I found out that no matter how much I learned, there is a LOT I still don’t know.
4. I love to camp!
Camped a LOT in a Teepee growing up. (Hand made by my parents, modeled after the style of the Oglala Sioux. We even stripped pine trees for the poles….nasty work….great memories though, of growing up and camping and seeing the country)
5. Learned to cross-country ski when I was in my late 40s. Great exercise and a lot of fun if you like being out in nature in winter time.
6. My family is growing!
7. Avid reader: I love good books; not crazy about cheap, dime-a-dozen paperbacks. I like the feel of a hard cover, to get lost in the story, to feel that I’ve read something of substance when I’m done. Religious writings, great novels, my weak subjects in school but that wish I now knew more about: fractals and physics, math and numbers, etc.
8. I like GREEN: by that i mean I have a compost pile, I recycle, i have an awesome Honda Fit that averages 35 mpg, etc.
Love animals; have always had a pet or two. This is Pele.
10. Road Trips.
Love to travel. My husband and I are great travelers together and have been to Montreal and Toronto, Vermont, NY, NJ, OH, KY, MI, MD, VT, WV, VA, and lots of other places, too. We LOVE to travel.
11. I play(ed) piano!
I played piano quite well at one point in my life. Now when I play it is purely for my own enjoyment…..no one else would enjoy it….i’m too rusty!
12. I have an awesome thimble collection that most people have never seen. As often as we move, they are a lot of trouble to unpack and then pack again….one day I’ll find a good way to display them so that I can leave them out…..there are a LOT of them. If you have any interesting thimbles you want to get rid of, see me!
13. I am a twin!
There were three sets of twins in the same class when we started school in rural, small-town Marion, LA. My brother and I are in the center. 🙂 Unfortunately I don’t have any recent pictures of the two of us.
14. Coffee drinker.
I like a good cup of coffee…..no frills, no extras, no bells and whistles….JUST a good cup of coffee….black and strong.
15. I love to dance, even though it’s been a long time and I usually only dance when no one is watching and I can let loose and be wild! ….and to beat a drum (I have one that is thunderous but seldom used because it may scare the neighbors) and play a handmade Cherokee flute and a bowed psaltery and …..etc.
So there you have it! Now it is your turn. The following are blogs that I follow and recommend to you. These are my nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Thanks again, PM! and a fantastic day to all!
EEEEEEKKKK! No wonder this took me so long! I was supposed to tell you SEVEN things about myself, NOT fifteen! I got my numbers mixed up! Oy vey… a senior moment for sure! But I worked too long and hard putting this thing together to start tearing it apart, so just pick out seven things about me that you like and ignore the rest! Hahahahaha 😀