Last week did not go according to plan. As my dad (and others) says, “We plan and G-d laughs.” Unexpected illness (is it ever expected?) knocked me out of commission for almost the entire week. In fact, I’m still recovering. The eye infection has been scary. . .vision still “ain’t” what it was. It so happens that last week was also the last week of the school (Capella) quarter. Due to the fact that I was almost blind, I could not finish my final projects and had to take “incompletes” in my course work. So, even though my eyes are giving me fits and I can only read for short spells, I am spending this week~a week that should have been filled with relaxation and fun as I celebrated completing another quarter~finishing up papers and projects. I submitted one paper last night, two more to go.
There is a bright spot in the midst of these irritations however, my son and his family (wife Maria and daughter Genevieve) spent part of the weekend with us. There is absolutely nothing like children and grandchildren to brighten our days. Weather-wise, we could not have asked for better. Spring is here.
Sunday was also Purim, the day we celebrate Queen Esther‘s bravery that saved the Jews. It is a day of celebrating, giving charity, sharing food, and feasting as we remember the events in ancient Persia that saved us from annihilation.
As you can see, this past week was a mixed bag. I missed a blog post, but maybe this will make up for it. I wanted to write something profound and beautiful, but it just wasn’t happening for me this time. Now I must sign off and get back to writing papers. If I can finish my courses by Wednesday evening, Richard and I will celebrate by taking in a movie. (Seniors’ day is every Wednesday~we get in for $4.50 each, so that is a “cheap” but fun date for us!) Make the most of your days, and I’ll “see” you next time!
My blogger friend at Mirth and Motivation ( http://eof737.wordpress.com ) nominated me. Now I get to do the same for you! The rules, if one accepts the award are as follow:
✿♡✿The Versatile Blogger Rules:
1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell 7 Random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
4. Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it... or not.
So, here goes!
1. THANK YOU ELIZABETH!
2. Seven random facts: I love to photograph and write; I am a grad student in Mental Health Counseling; I love being a grandma to Jacob and Genevieve; Taking walks in natural surroundings is a favorite pastime; Sewing and crocheting are hobbies. . .at least when I’m not in school; I make note cards and plan to start selling them soon!; My husband, Richard, is a really really good guy!
3 and 4 will take some time, but I’ll get it done!
Again, Thanks Elizabeth! Very thoughtful of you. (pssst, if you are reading this, check out Elizabeth’s blog. It is very inspirational. See link above)